Whether you require one single perspective or a high volume of exteriors, street-scenes and 3D site-plans for your marketing brochure, our in house team of two have over 25 years experience in delivering detailed, lifelike architectural renderings.
We specialise in working with small to medium-sized developers, ensuring we offer excellent value for money and pride ourselves on a hassle free, friendly and transparent service.
Not sure what you need? Give us a call on 01172 510152. No sales robots here, just friendly CG artists!
WHAT ARE CGI EXTERIORS?
CGI exteriors are one of the most effective methods to sell property off-plan. These images are usually on the front of brochures and websites for development projects, and for good reason.
First impressions are critical. An eye-catching, photo-realistic CGI of a property can leave a lasting impression on customers, improving recall and moving them further along the sales funnel.
High quality exterior CGIs go way beyond selling properties to the end buyer. They can help property developers secure additional investment to support construction, schools and other institutions, raise funding for new buildings. City planners can use CGI images to make proposals more persuasive and architects can use exterior images to ensure that stakeholders are presented with the same vision of the project, making expectations and communication easier to manage across the board.
Aside from marketing and sales, clearly visualising the relationship between street grids, city blocks, and properties helps architects and developers reduce costly mistakes. By measuring against real-world parameters, architects can spot where certain structures may be incompatible with the slope of the terrain, or clash with neighbouring buildings.
CGI exteriors help firms increase customer satisfaction. Clients can be presented with multiple styling options, such as building materials, colour, and different types of outdoor fixtures. This creative freedom allowed by cutting-edge editing and rendering software allows architects to fully execute a customer’s vision down to the last brick.
CGI exteriors also prevents costly renovations mid-build; for instance, when a client decides they want timber instead of stone cladding, or want the house painted in a shade a notch brighter or darker. Even construction companies can use these images to eliminate the guesswork of having multiple sketches and documents to reference.
Most images add elements such as people, cars, or natural landscapes. These touches provide a sense of scale and life, selling not only the property, but the promise of posh living in a flat in Central London, or raising a family in a peaceful, rural Somerset.
Pair exteriors with interior walkthrough tours to give prospective buyers the full experience of living in your property.
How we produce Exterior CGIs
We pride ourself in producing the best quality CGI exterior images at Ocean CGI. We begin by putting your property together from design and building material references, creating a “white model” to build upon. Once you approve massing and key viewpoints, we add texture, colour, and little design details and finishes.
Then, we start populating the model with elements like traffic, shrubbery, landscapes, and people. Finally, we adjust the lighting and contrast to enhance photo-realism. We can portray properties suffused in the warm light of day or under gorgeous night lighting to showcase how lighting can dramatically change a home’s ambiance.
How many iterations we go through comes down largely to the quality of the brief, which is why we take the time to understand your property and project and exactly how you want it to look, right down to the type of car parked on the drive (if it’s something you want to specify).
After the final look has been made to your approval, we’ll render the image through powerful software and our dedicated render farm to produce ultra-crisp images. We can create up to 16k resolution for all your marketing materials, from standard-sized paper brochures to billboards.
- Provide us with your digital CAD files, PDF’s or even hand sketches and we’ll mock up some ‘white model’ views and send for approval. These are generally low resolution, draft quality visuals so we can render them at speed
- Once you’ve approved the camera angles and massing, we’ll refine the lighting and use your material schedule to faithfully recreate the buildings proposed design. For the best results it helps to provide us with a comprehensive material schedule. Links to manufacturers for materials like brick and cladding help us to create a more realistic architectural visualisation. Where materials are not yet specified, precedent images of similar building designs will really help us achieve the style you’re proposing.
- Once you’ve approved the basic rendering and you’re happy with the general ‘look’, we’ll add context, soft landscaping, people and cars to give the images a sense of scale and life. Again, this is an opportunity to let us know what you would like to see.
- If you’re happy, we’ll crank up our powerful in-house render farm to produce a high resolution image. We generally produce a 4K rendering which is ample for all web and print applications, but for very large print or further cropping, we can render up to 16K
- The ‘raw’ images produced by our 3D software are refined in a photo retouching program to balance colour, add contrast and are delivered to you in the format you request
We create architectural 3D models with physically accurate materials. These can also include 3D cars, trees and planting. These are then rendered and post processed for colour correction and to add details such as people.
Using your plans, we create detailed architectural 3D models and use your material schedules, lighting plans and interior designs to create photo-realistic interior renders. We can even model up bespoke furnishings and fittings.
For sensitive planning applications, you may need to show your development in context of a photograph. Using real-world survey / scanning techniques, we can demonstrate accuracy of the image(s) in your submission.
Using photography taken by us or supplied by you, we can match the CGI lighting and position to the source photography. Once rendered, we mask areas of the CGI to create a convincing re-imagined photograph.
For marketing, fundraising or public consultation, a fly-through animation can communicate an entire development’s scale, design and function. This can also include music, graphics and credits or be included in an overall video presentation.
360° IMAGES / VIRTUAL REALITY
We render 360° panoramas of richly detailed 3D scenes. These can then be used with 3rd party applications / plugins to create ‘street-view’ style dynamic images. These can also be rendered in stereo for use with VR headsets.